Cases against mafiosi being withdrawn: BJP | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 09, 2016-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Cases against mafiosi being withdrawn: BJP

india Updated: Aug 05, 2006 01:18 IST
Highlight Story

STATE Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Keshasri Nath Tripathi alleged that the SP government, which had been turning a blind eye to criminals and mafiosi, had now started rewarding them by withdrawing criminal cases pending against them.

Talking to reporters here on Friday, Tripathi said that a case registered against Sone Lal, Anuj, Dharmendra, Sarvesh, Dulare, Sahdev, Ravi, Bhan Singh, Gautam,  Suresh and others under Section 395/397 in Kannauj was withdrawn.

The government ignored recommendation of senior officers of the Kannauj district administration.

Tripathi said all the 13 accused arrested in connection with the Mumbai blasts belonged to the SIMI which was an terrorist outfit. However, the Chief Minister gave the organisation a clean chit.

Condemning the appeasement policy of the State Government, Tripathi demanded immediate ban on SIMI and arrest of its office-bearers and activists.

He also condemned alleged rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl Rekha Nishad and said that the BJP had appointed a two-member committee comprising Jai Prakash Chaturvedi, MLC, and former minister Gorakh Prasad Nishad. The committee members would meet the family members of the deceased, before deciding to launch an agitation against the district administration.

Meanwhile, former State party president and in-charge of its Rajasthan affairs, Kalraj Mishra would reach Varanasi tomorrow for a weak-long tour of the State.          

tags