CBI yet to take action against erring officials | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 23, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

CBI yet to take action against erring officials

The CBI has not yet initiated any action against the officials of the department of telecommunications (DoT) who were allegedly involved in awarding questionable licences to new operators, government sources told Hindustan Times.

india Updated: Nov 20, 2010 00:40 IST
HTC

The CBI has not yet initiated any action against the officials of the department of telecommunications (DoT) who were allegedly involved in awarding questionable licences to new operators, government sources told Hindustan Times.

Two DoT officials are under the scanner for their role in awarding licences with 2G spectrum.

One is RK Chandolia and the other is AK Srivastava.

Chandolia was the private secretary to the then telecom minister A Raja when the licences were awarded to the new operators. Raja resigned earlier this week in the wake of the scandal.

Srivastava was deputy director-general (access services) in charge of licencing in the DoT.

Official procedures require the agency to seek the minister’s approval. No such permission has been sought by any agency from the minister (Kapil Sibal), sources said.