CBSE Class 12 results for Delhi on Thursday
The CBSE will declare Class 12 results for the Delhi and Dehradun region on Thursday. The results for Ajmer, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Panchkula, Patna and Guwahati regions will be declared on Wednesday at 11am.india Updated: May 27, 2014 23:17 IST
As students and their parents wait with bated breath, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to declare Class 12 results for the Delhi and Dehradun region on Thursday. The results for Ajmer, Allahabad, Bhubaneshwar, Panchkula, Patna and Guwahati regions will be declared on Wednesday at 11am.
Earlier, the results for Chennai and Trivandrum regions were released on Monday.
Last year, the board had declared the Class 12 results on May 27. However, due to the uncertainity of dates stress levels are high in different parts of the country.
Tarunima Panwar, a Class 12 student of Apeejay School, Kolkata, compares the mood in her household to the "plot of a crime fiction novel".
"There's just so much suspense at home," she says. "It's difficult too, because there is no coverage at all of the CBSE results on TV. The little we can find is online."
The examinations began in March but were extended till April 25 due to the Lok Sabha elections, with CBSE even rescheduling some papers.
Lucknow-based performance artist, Nivedita Bhattacharya, whose daughter is applying to Delhi University calls the delay the in declaration of results an 'incovenience'. "Buying tickets (for Delhi) at the last minute during summers is impossible," she says. "There's a different date and time mentioned everywhere."
"First, the election caused a lot of confusion. My music and fine arts papers got delayed and now the results are also not coming on time. It's very stressful," says her daughter and sitarist Antara Bhattacharya, who is aspiring to study music from DU.
Akankhya Balbantray, a student of DPS Faridabad is "annoyed with CBSE".
"There's just too much confusion, be it on blogs or media websites. My friends and I have been up since 7am refreshing the website every minute. I almost feel like CBSE is trolling us."
Akankhya's mother refused to comment on the subject. "Parents too need counselling regarding our career," says Akankhya, who is aiming to pursue medical studies. "I refuse to pay donations and go for higher studies. But neither CBSE, nor Delhi University are helping."
Some Delhi students seem to be looking at new avenues. "I don't care so much anymore, I think," says Mir Ijlal Shaani, a student of a reputed school in Delhi. Mir lost all interest in Delhi Unversity after it became a 4-year affair and doesn't worry about cut-offs much. "I've always been a just about average student and I'm looking at studying history from Ambedkar University, so I'll see the results when they come."
Over 10 lakh candidates, including 6,03,064 boys and 4,26,810 girls, across the country had registered for the examination this year, which was an overall increase of 9.32% from last year, when 9,42,035 students had registered for the exams.
In JEE (mains) final rankings, crucial for non-IIT institutes, Class 12 results make up for 40% of the marks while JEE (mains) score account for the remaining 60%.
Students can view their results on the official CBSE website (http://cbseresults.nic.in/) by logging in using their roll numbers. The results can also be checked through SMS and IVRS.
The board had declared the results for Class 10 examinations on May 20.
(with inputs from Mallica Joshi)