A youth sustained critical injuries on his thigh and genitals after a mobile phone reportedly exploded while it was in his trouser pocket in the neighbouring Dhar district on Thursday.
Raju (25), a resident of Badveli village, was rushed to a hospital in Dhar after the cheap mobile phone exploded in his trousers this afternoon at a village in Sardarpur police station area, hospital sources said.
The sources informed that the victim sustained injuries on his right hand, thigh and genitals. He was administered first aid and referred to a hospital in Dahod in Gujarat.
But the police was not informed about the accident.
“We have received no information about a youth getting injured due to explosion in a mobile phone,” Sardarpur police station In-Charge Aishvarya Shastri told Hindustan Times. Efforts were on to trace the youth he said.
Shastri expressed surprise over the decision to refer Raju to Dahod. “There are good hospitals in Indore, barely 50 km from Dhar. Why should he be taken to Gujarat?” he said.
People accompanying Raju to the hospital claimed that he had purchased a mobile phone, a Chinese make, at cheap prices. They howeve could not ascertain the reason for the explotion.