1.Conspiracy to organise terrorist attacks in India was hatched in 2005 by Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) leaders with active support from serving officers of the Pakistani Army working for ISI
2.LeT members David Headley and Tahawwur Rana identified to provide tactical and financial support in planning attacks
3. Headley made multiple trips to India in 2009. He collected video footages of all the places that were attacked on Nov 26, 2008
4. Rana visited India on Nov 13, 2008, left Mumbai on Nov 21, 2008
5. On Nov 26, 2008, 10 Pakistani militants unleashed a three-day carnage, killing 166 people at different places in Mumbai
6. A three-member team of the NIA interrogated Headley in the US and requests were made to the US for transfer of evidence
7. The US transferred some essential evidence collected by FBI in the Headley-Rana case to India
8. A special court of the NIA then issued non-bailable warrants against accused persons in the case and registered a case against Headley and Rana on Nov 12, 2009. Other names were added later.
9. Barring Headley and Rana, NIA has secured an Interpol Red Corner Notice against the seven accused
10. Headley helped NIA identify voices of handlers giving instructions to the holed-up terrorists during the Mumbai attacks.