Child dies, 100 ill after eating prasad | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 23, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Child dies, 100 ill after eating prasad

india Updated: Oct 19, 2009 14:53 IST

A child died and over 100 people fell ill after eating adulterated sweets at the inauguration of a godown of the Primary Agriculture Cooperative Society in Bhojpur district.

"The sweet, cooked with adulterated flour and vanaspati distributed after puja during the inauguration, led to the child's death and over 100 people to fall ill yesterday," District Magistrate Safeena A N said today.

The affected people complained of nausea, uneasiness, abdominal pain, while scores fainted at the function at village Banauli under Narayanpur police station in the district, official sources said.

The district magistrate said she had ordered an investigation.