The Chinese government has described as baseless reports of clash between its troops and Indian soldiers at the Nathu La Pass last week.
In a statement issued here, a Chinese embassy spokesperson said the Chinese government made an investigation after reports of clash emerged in the media, but “found out there was not any direct contact between the Chinese and Indian armies at the Nathu La Pass recently, let alone (an) exchange of fire”.
Nathu La Pass is in Sikkim which borders China.
The reports were baseless, the spokesperson said.
On Tuesday, China had also denied reports of incursion into the Indian airspace after Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor told mediapersons that two helicopters from China had violated airspace in Leh in north Jammu and Kashmir in June.