When choosing an apartment consider its structure, position , surrounding site as well as the name of the area and the street.
An important principle in feng shui is the predecessor luck. If you move into a house where the previous occupants were divorced or always in conflict, then chances that you and your mate may have difficulty are relatively higher. Keep these in mind before zeroing down in on an apartment
* The apartment building should be protected at the back by another apartments’ building. Similar buildings on each side of the apartment building also provide support. Neighbouring buildings should be similar in height to the one you are considering.
* Your apartment building should be regular in shape — square, round, oblong. Irregular shaped buildings give the impression that part of the structure is missing —an L-shaped building looks as if a piece of the building is removed.
* An apartment on the first floor or above is ideal. A higher level will give you greater exposure to natural light and energising effect of prana.
* Look for an apartment on either the north or the east side of the building. Apartment windows in the north or east side allow prana to enter from the northeast , while other apartments on the floor form a readymade block, preventing the escape of prana in the southwest.
* Windows are essential to the architectural design of any energised home, as they allow light and therefore prana to enter. Consequently, ideal vaastu homes possess an abundance of windows — particularly along the northern and eastern aspects where pranic flow originates.
* The best position for a balcony is along the north or east side of a home where it creates an open space that encourages prana to enter. Verandas that run along all four walls should be slightly narrower on the southern and western side.
Raman Datta is a Delhi-based feng shui and vaastu consultant. Call: 9810155835