CITY TREASURE HUNT CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/CONTESTANTS OF “CITY TREASURE HUNT CONTEST“(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
The contest activity starts from Jan 15th 2012 till Jan 28th 2012 exclusively for the readers of Hindustan Times. City Treasure hunt would be conducted in three zones of Mumbai- South Mumbai, Western suburbs and New Bombay. 200 teams would participate in each zone having 2 members in each team. To participate, teams will have to register themselves by sending a pre-fixed SMS from their mobile for each zone seperately. Advertisements and communication regarding the same will be covered in Hindustan Times. HTML shall then randomly select 200 teams from the database received. HTML will call the Teams whose name is randomly selected. At least one team member needs to have a Facebook account to be eligible for participation.
HTML will provide Participation kits (called as RFID Kit) to each team. Each RFID kit would comprise of 2 RFID bands. Participants would have to collect their RFID kits from Jan 25th 2012 to Jan 27th 2012 from the collection centers. The collection center would be communicated to the participants at a later stage post completion of shortlisting of Teams. Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest
1. HTML will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of IVRS applications and resultant inability of a Team for participation. HTML will not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control
Gratification details in each zone for the treasure hunt contest winners:
Winner will be liable to pay the taxes (if any) as applicable on the winning Prize.
Treasure hunt is to be conducted on Jan 28th 2012. Only the Teams with the RFID tags will be allowed to participate. Participants would have to assemble at one starting point in each zone. Participants shall ensure that they reach the Event venue at least by 10.45 am at each location. The start timing of the treasure hunt is 11.30 am. Once the teams tag their RFID bands in the reader, they would receive a SMS clue for the next location. Please Note that your RFID band is not transferable to any other person under any circumstance. Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the Medical representatives.
All travel expenses/ costs incurred for reaching the venue for the EVENT are to be borne by the Participant only and the Organizer shall not provide any reimbursement for the same nor shall the Organizer provide any pick-up/drop-off facilities. The Participant is solely responsible for all expenses related to the participation in the contest.
The participants, basis the SMS received, have to identify the next location. On reaching the next location, you shall tag your RFID bands and get the SMS clue for the next location. In all, participants have to cover 5 points in each zone in the treasure hunt (These 5 points include the starting point as well). The fastest 3 participants who complete the 5 locations in each zone will be declared winners.
2. All the costs and expenses for collecting the Prize will be borne solely by the winner and HTML shall not entertain any claim, whatsoever. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance and use of the offer.
3. The winner shall bear any Gift tax / any other government taxes or fees levied by the government, if applicable. Winner accepts and understands that any and all other related costs and charges have to be borne by the winner failure of which shall eligible HTML to forfeit the prize. At no point winner shall make HTML liable or responsible for any additional charges to be paid by the winner for claiming the prizes.
4. Any loss of baggage, goods or any other belongings of the Teams is the sole liability of the Team members. HTML cannot be held liable for the same.
5. HTML it’s Partners and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable or responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, loss of belongings or life due to any mishaps like fire, robbery, riots, stampedes or any other natural calamity or human led calamity to the Teams when participating.
6. The Prize shall not be transferable and no request shall be entertained by HTML for such transfer. All decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winners shall be final and binding
7. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Contest.
8. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
9. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
10. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
11. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time, without giving any previous notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the contest.
12. The prize(s) for this Contest shall neither be assignable nor transferable under any circumstances.
13. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the prize/ selection of winners, the decision of HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned.
14. Apart from the above-mentioned prize/s, nothing else will be provided to the winner. All applicable taxes, levies, cesses, insurances, transfers and other expenses, if any, will have to be borne and paid by the winner.
15. Failure to claim the prize within the 15 days from announcement of winners may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize and/or declaration of alternate winner which is at the sole discretion of HTML
16. This offer in this Contest cannot be used in conjunction with any alternative offer or promotion.
17. The Winner shall be responsible to keep in safe custody the intimation letter and/or confirmations given/ issued to him by HTML In case of loss or damage or theft of the same, HTML reserves the right to issue duplicate(s) subject to such verifications and/or on such other term/s as it may desire.
18. HTML reserves the right to change/modify/amend the terms and conditions of the Prize at any time at its sole discretion.
19. HTML its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this contest, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
20. HTML its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or the failure to provide the correct contest score updates or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
21. This Contest and event is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML. HTML shall not and cannot be held liable for the same and is in no way under any circumstances whatsoever responsible to towards the winners.
22. The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Subscriber to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the Subscriber liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML
23. HTML reserves the right to extend, cancel, discontinue, prematurely withdraw, change, alter or modify this offer or any part thereof including the eligibility criteria at its sole discretion at any time during its validity as may be required in view of business exigencies and/or changes by regulatory authority and/or statutory changes and the same shall be binding on the Subscriber.
24. HTML shall not be responsible for the quality, fitness, merchantability, defect or deficiency etc. of the Prize and no claim or request, whatsoever, in this respect shall be entertained by the HTML
25. HTML shall not be responsible for any IVR Error resulting in any Call discrepancy, technical errors, billing errors at Operator end.
26. participants/contestants shall indemnify HTML against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance or use of any prize(s) or participation in any contest including, but not limited to, personal injury and/or damage, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise, whatsoever.
27. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit or generally without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
28. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the contest.