The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will soon file an affidavit in the Bombay High Court on the alleged violation of norms at film star Shah Rukh Khan’s residential building in Bandra.
Municipal Commissioner Jairaj Phatak on Friday visited Khan’s residence to inspect the balconies, which seem to be the problem, of the six-storey building behind the actor’s bungalow Mannat.
“We will soon file an affidavit in court presenting the facts,” he said.
The civic body had been asked to look into the matter after a non-governmental organisation, the Bhrashtachar Nirmulan Samiti, filed a public interest litigation around two months ago in the Bombay High Court stating the balconies jutted beyond the compound wall of the plot.
According to development control rules, there should be a minimum distance of five feet between compound wall and the constructed area.
Phatak told mediapersons that Khan had handed over some part of his plot to BMC for a road-widening project. The handover may have created the problem, as it brought the compound wall closer to the constructed area. “He (Khan) gave the assurance that he was a law-abiding citizen and will go by the decision of the BMC and the court,” he said.