Cleaning home walls
Stains should be removed as soon as possible to eliminate any possible reaction between the stain and the wallpaper. Find out how to keep your walls clean.india Updated: Nov 15, 2010 13:34 IST
Here are the easy ways to keep your walls clean:
1. With soap and soft sponge: Waterproof and stain-resistant wallpaper, such as vinyl or acrylics, can be washed with warm water, a mild soap, and wiping with a cotton cloth or a soft sponge
2. Remove the stains: Stains should be removed as soon as possible to eliminate any possible reaction between the stain and the wallpaper. If soil remains on the wallpaper too long, it may result permanent discolouration
3. Rinse thoroughly: Ordinary dirt spots can be removed with mild soap and warm water. Rinse thoroughly with clean water. Blot wallpaper dry with a soft lint-free towel
4. Use strong detergents: For more difficult stains that are only surface deep, use of a stronger detergent is recommended. Try an inconspicuous spot first before attempting the entire wall
5. Avoid abrasive rubbing of spots: One should always rinse after applying a detergent. Abrasive rubbing of spots should be avoided.