DA enhanced by 10% for state govt employees, pensioners, passenger fare revised | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 07, 2016-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

DA enhanced by 10% for state govt employees, pensioners, passenger fare revised

india Updated: Feb 01, 2014 21:44 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The Cabinet which met here on Saturday under the chairmanship of chief minister Omar Abdullah sanctioned release of 10% dearness allowance (DA) installment, raising the total DA of the state government employees from 80% to 90% with effect from July 1, 2013.


The DA arrears with effect from July 2013 to February 2014 shall be paid to the employees through the government provident fund route and the enhancement in DA shall form part of the monthly salary from March 2014.

The arrears on account of the enhanced rate of DA from July 2013 to December 2013 shall be paid in cash to the state government pensioners/family pensioners in the month of January 2014, and shall form part of the monthly pension thereafter.

Payment of DA arrears to the government employees governed by the new pension scheme (NPS) from July 2013 to December 2013 shall be paid in cash in the month of January 2014. The employees share at 10% shall be deducted at source and credited to their respective permanent retirement account numbers along with the matching share by the employer. Thereafter, the enhancement in the DA (by 10%) shall form part of their monthly salary.

The Cabinet also approved passenger fare revision and directed the state transport authority to fix the maximum chargeable fare in respect of various categories of vehicles over and above the existing fares, and accordingly issue a detailed notification specifying revised route-wise fare with immediate effect.