Datta, the Darshan hit directed by Guru Datt, is the top Kannada film of the fortnight.
The top five Kannada films are:
1. Datta: The film has Ramya teaming up with Darshan for the first time, though it is Komal's comedy that creates a laugh riot in the theatres. The film has collected Rs 6 million in Bangalore alone in the first week.
2. Sevanthi Sevanthi: The film started amidst negative speculation in the trade and ordinary collections. But it picked up after the third week and is now expected to complete 100 days in a few centres. It is doing exceedingly well in the B centres.
3. My Autograph: Sudeep's remake film is quietly inching towards its silver jubilee. It is the biggest hit of the year so far, though the collections have slightly dropped in major centres after 100 days. It is to be seen if its collections will cross the Rs 50 million mark.
4. Honeymoon Express: This is another comedy to have enjoyed a good opening. But it is starting to slide back at the box office.
5. Chellaata: The film has already completed 50 days and is still running in centres like Bangalore and Mysore. This well made comedy film, despite not boasting a big star cast, has found an appreciative audience.