Three persons, including two females and a fiveyear- old child of Bithori village in Raisen district died of diarrhoea after drinking contaminated water of a well.
Radha Bai, 32, died on Friday due to severe dehydration while Gomti Bai, 25, and Sudeep, 5, died on Saturday evening. Chief medical and health officer Raisen Dr VK Choubey said around 85 more residents of Bithori village were suffering from dehydration. However, he denied that it was a diarrhoea outbreak and said the three deaths occurred due to gastric problem.
Dr Choubey said a team of health department has reached the village to provide medical aid to the patients. Residents have been instructed to consume
water of hand-pump instead of well and boil the water properly before drinking.
Population of the village is around 650 but there is no proper facility of drinking water.