Under attack for increasing death toll in accidents involving Blue Line buses in the capital, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Friday indicated strong action against them.
"We have not given licence to Blueline buses to kill people," Dikshit told reporters here. Many people have been killed by speeding Blueline buses in the last couple of days in the capital.
Meanwhile Delhi BJP unit president Harsh Vardhan has held the Sheila Dikshit-government "responsible" for the deaths involving these buses.
He alleged that despite increasing number of deaths due to Blueline buses, the Government was not taking any action against them.
In spite of coming to power for the third time this government has not decided any compensation for the people killed by Blueline buses, he alleged.
He demanded compensation of Rs five lakh to the kin of each of those killed by Blueline or DTC buses.
It is surprising that 133 Blueline buses caught running on the roads are such whose permits had been suspended, he alleged.
Vardhan said that the statement of new Transport Minister Lovely that these buses would be withdrawn by 2010 was "disappointing".
After assuming charge, new city Transport Minister Arvinder Singh Lovely had said the government would phase out all the Blueline buses from Delhi's roads.
The government is in the process of allotting routes to private firms to operate the buses.
At least 120 people have been killed in accidents involving Blueline buses in the city this year.