Dog eats Homer Simpson! | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 21, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Dog eats Homer Simpson!

Dixie, a ten-year-old collie-dalmatian pet dog, is said to have become ill after eating a plastic Homer Simpson toy.

india Updated: Apr 30, 2009 20:36 IST

Dixie, a ten-year-old collie-dalmatian pet dog, is said to have become ill after eating a plastic Homer Simpson toy.



When X-rays were taken, a very clear image of the TV star could be seen in the dog's intestine.



The owner, Victoria Keir, 42, of Aberdeen suspects the dog must have eaten a chocolate Kinder Surprise egg with a plastic toy Homer inside.



"Dixie must have seen it on the table and gulped it down - she loves chocolate,"

the Sun

quoted her as saying.



"She became very ill," she said.



Dixie, ten, is recovering following surgery to remove the toy at the PDSA's hospital in the city.



"It is an unusual case," surgeon Alison Hamel said.