There were concerns that an IPL taking place right after the Cricket World Cup might be affected by viewer fatigue. But the Twitter engagement generated in the first 10 games of the tournament suggests otherwise.
All in all 74.7 million live impressions were generated during the first eight days of the eighth season of the Indian Premier League.
While defending champs Kolkata Knight Riders (@KKRiders) have had a stop-start beginning, the Rajasthan Royals (@RajasthanRoyals) have rushed out of the gates. Chennai Super Kings (@ChennaiIPL) continue to be crowd favourites. Unsurprisingly, the close finish to CSK's first match versus Delhi Daredevils (@DelhiDaredevils) threw up the most tweets per minute.
Top Moments, on the basis of Tweets Per Minute, between 8 April 2015 to 15 April 2015 were as follows:
1. Chennai Super Kings beats Delhi Daredevils by 1 run
2. Royal Challengers Bangalore defeats Kolkata Knight Riders by 3 wickets
3. Kolkata Knight Riders defeats Mumbai Indians by 7 wickets
4. Chennai Super King’s Brendon McCullum brings up his century off 56 balls against Sunrisers Hyderabad
5. Kings XI Punjab defeats Mumbai Indians by 18 runs
#ORANGECAP & #PURPLECAP
Most Mentioned Batsmen and Bowlers on Twitter during the Live Match Windows with the proverbial #OrangeCap and #PurpleCap going to the most mentioned batsman and bowler respectively.
Ranking of Most Mentioned IPL Teams on Twitter from April 8 to April 15:
1. Kolkata Knight Riders
2. Chennai Super Kings
3. Mumbai Indians
4. Delhi Daredevils
5. Kings XI Punjab
6. Royal Challengers Bangalore
7. Rajasthan Royals
8. Sunrisers Hyderabad