Ek Nayi Subah: Highlights of PM Modi’s speech at NDA’s 2-year celebrations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the hundreds assembled at India Gate on Saturday to mark the BJP-led NDA’s two years at the Centre. The event stressed on the government’s achievements in so far,india Updated: May 29, 2016 09:24 IST
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed hundreds assembled at India Gate on Saturday to mark the two years of the BJP-led NDA government.
The event, called ‘Ek Nayi Subah’ (a new dawn), highlighted the achievements of the NDA, which turned two on May 26. Bollywood heavyweights, including Amitabh Bachchan and Vidya Balan, were also present and spoke of the social causes being championed by the Centre, such as the Beti Padhao, Beto Bachao campaign.
Here are highlights from Modi’s speech to the masses:
– Corruption has eaten away the dreams of our nation like a termite... (However) Corruption has stopped…not just for a year but for ever… This is just the beginning. A new dawn.
– As long as we do not remember the work done during the days of the previous government, we will not be able to realise that what a big task has been accomplished.
– The people of India have placed their faith in us. We have left no stone unturned in our hardwork. We dream of Team India.
– I am standing before people of the country with satisfaction. We have been able to to get the trust and enthusiasm of people despite a very minute examination of our work. The trust of people is growing day by day. This also increases our confidence.
– On one hand there is the agenda of development (vikaswaad) and on the other hand is the agenda of obstructionism (virodhvaad).
– In a democracy it is vital to analyse everyone’s work. But we can’t make a mistake of creating a false atmosphere of despondency.
– I thank 1, 13, 00000 crores people for giving up their LPG subsidies and there cannot be a bigger example of development than this... We have decided that in the coming three years, 5 crores poor families will receive LPG.
– Yes, what we know is money belongs to the poor and the poor must get the fruits of development... I am working hard to ensure that the money of the hardworking and the poor will not go to the wrong hands.
– If illegal money is found in accounts of those who are named in Panama case, then they will also be prosecuted as in case of HSBC accounts.
– We have seized more than one crores fake ration cards. Also we found out that money was being given to fake teachers, ergo fake schools.