Three days after a filmmaker was electrocuted in Green Park, the south Delhi municipal corporation removed air-conditioner compressors and an electric signboard from the spot where the incident took place.
Naked wires hanging out of the AC compressors and the signboard, which were in contact with an iron gate, had claimed the life of Anand Bhaskar Morla during Saturday afternoon's downpour.
The civic body officials also demolished a concrete platform that was constructed around a tree under which the electric equipment was installed.
Kamlesh Bansal and her son Dhruv Dhawan Bansal, who ownered a jewellery shop and some of the equipment, claimed that no prior notice was given to them to remove the signboard or compressors.
They had been arrested on Monday and later released on bail. Their shop is located in the same building which Morla visited on Saturday when he came into a contact with an iron gate and was electrocuted.
"I don't deny the fact that current was flowing in the iron gate. But it was surely not because of our AC compressors," said Kamlesh.
South Delhi municipal commissioner Manish Gupta described the three-day delay in removing the equipment as "procedural".
Meanwhile, Morla's family demanded corrective measures by the agencies concerned so that such incidents do not recur.
"We have lost an important member of our family and the loss cannot be compensated. Being a responsible citizen, Anand had a keen civic sense," said Anand's mother Amreshwari.
The family is also planning to approach the National Human Rights Commission to inititate action into the matter.