On Vajpayee and other BJP leaders
* LK Advani, M.M. Joshi and A.B. Vajpayee were icons of the movement.
* It cannot be assumed even for a moment that Vajpyee, Advani and Joshi did not know of the designs of the ‘Sangh Parivar’.
* Vajpayee, Advani and Joshi were the ‘mukhota’ (mask) of the ‘Sangh Parivar’. Without these leaders, the RSS might not have been able to legitimise its hold on the Indian system.
* “Pseudo moderates” (Vajpayee, Advani and Joshi) cannot be given the benefit of the doubt and
exonerated of culpability. The ‘pseudo moderate’ leadership of the BJP was a tool in the hands of the RSS. These leaders stood to inherit the political successes engineered by the RSS.
* The BJP was and remains an appendage of the RSS, which had the purpose only of providing an acceptable veneer and a façade for the brash members of the ‘Sangh Parivar’.
* The ‘pseudo moderates’ violated the trust of the people and allowed their actions to be dictated by a small group of individuals who used them to implement agendas unsanctioned by the will of the common person.
On Kalyan Singh
* Kalyan Singh, his ministers and handpicked bureaucrats created manmade and cataclysmic circumstances, which could result in no consequence other than the demolition of the disputed structure.
* Chief Minister Kalyan Singh and his coterie supported the destruction of the mosque with tacit, open, active and material support at every step.
* Kalyan Singh stood on guard against the possibility of any pre-emptive or preventive action against by the central government, Supreme Court or any other instituti Kalyan Singh transferred officials who were unwilling to take his line.
* Kalyan Singh and his trusted lieutenants spared no lie before the highest authoritiesto befool them and tie their hands with the niceties of our constitutional democracy.
* Hands that wielded batons and carried guns were friendly to ‘kar sevaks’.
On Role of Sangh Parivar and Muslim Organisations
* The Sangh Parivar spent long years and mobilised the immense media clout to numb the sensibilities of the masses, and at the very least to ensure the complete absence of resistance to its designs.
* As the inner core of the ‘Sangh Parivar’, the top leadership of the RSS, VHP, Shiv Sena, Bajrang Dal and the BJP bear primary responsibility (for the demolition).
* The Ayodhya campaign demonstrated that the ‘Sangh Parivar’ is a highly successful and corporatised model of a political party, with a highly efficient organisational structure.
* Selective Muslim leaders, obsessed with building personal or individual influience, were merely bystanders during the entire period.
* The Muslim leadership provided the rabid Hindu ideologues sufficient cause to instill fear amongst common citizens.
* The Muslim leadership failed the community and its electorate by being unable to put forth a logical, cohesive and consistent point of view.
* The Muslim leadership also failed to protect the life and property of innocent masses who got caught up in communal riots.
On Role of Civil Servants
* Police and bureaucrats turned a blind eye to misadventures of polity and actively connived and curried favor with the Chief Minister and ‘Sangh Parivar’ by systematically paralysing the state machinery.
* State government leaked information that police had been told not to retaliate against ‘kar sevaks’.
* Police, district magistracy,
local administration and state machinery openly supported the RSS and its agenda.
* Police and administrators were the executors of the designs of the RSS, VHP, BJP, Bajrang Dal, and Shiv Sena etc.
* Those in-charge of the
state executive aided and
abetted the dismantling of the security apparatus.
* The administrative officers failed to discharge their solemn duties as a counterbalance to the political executive.
* The police, which was supposed to protect and preserve the life and property of the common man, was negligent to its sworn duties.
* Civil servants and police could have attempted to stem the tide of communalism and the rape of democracy. But they chose to remain deaf, dumb and blind throughout.