A HOUSE in Laxman Nagar in Bairagarh suffered extensive damages due to a mysterious blast early Wednesday morning.
Seven persons were present in the house at the time of incident and though no casualty was reported, glasses in windows in nearby houses cracked or shattered due to the impact of the blast.
The incident occurred at the residence of Ashok Priyani, a cloth trader at 6 am on Wednesday. The explosion took place in the kitchen of the house, and within minutes the walls from both sides cracked. The walls and door of the front room cracked and fell.
A little further away, a 20-feet iron door also fell off. Such was the impact of the explosion that the room on the first floor was also damaged. Members of the Priyani family have not been able to tell the cause for the blast. The house owner, Ashok, said nothing happened to gas cylinder in the kitchen and refrigerator compressor.
The family members were on the upper floor of the house and did not get injured. The ground floor was badly damaged. The blast was heard in the neighbouring localities as well.
A car parked nearby was badly damaged. The forensic team, which is looking into the cause, however, surmised that leakage in kitchen gas cylinder and fridge compressor caused the explosion as all the windows were shut and the leaking gas could not find any outlet.
Bairagarh SDOP S Saraf said the police also suspected that gas cylinder and fridge compression caused the blast.
Apart from the district administration officials, who visited the spot, Minister for Commerce and Industries Babulal Gaur issued instructions for an intensive probe into the incident.