Fever Tree of Wishes
Fever Tree of Wishes Terms and Conditionsindia Updated: Jan 21, 2011 15:33 IST
Hindustan Times Presents Fever Tree of Wishes
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS OF “Hindustan Times Presents FEVER TREE OF WISHES” (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “Event”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. HTML is organizing an event named Hindustan Times presents “FEVER TREE OF WISHES” (hereinafter referred to as “Event”) wherein HTML will be putting up a Tree of Wishes at Inorbit Mall Malad (The Venue), on 28th January and 29th January 2011.
2. At the Venue, People will be invited to participate and write their wishes on a balloon and submit it at the tree of Wishes located at the Venue. Only those wishes which can be quantified in monetary terms and are of less the Rs. 2000/- would be considered a valid wish for selection by HTML.
3. HTML shall then randomly select people from the submitted wishes to consider and fulfill their wishes as mentioned by them on the balloons. Participants whose names are selected (Hereinafter called as winners) will be announced and may also get a call from HTML confirming their selection, if HTML think fit,
4. HTML will fulfill five of these wishes every day, collected from the tree at Inorbit Malad
5. The scanning and selection of these wishes will be at the sole discretion of HTML.
6. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
7. HTML shall not be liable for system/server failures. Neither can HTML be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the event.
8. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this event.
9. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners
10. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the event activity.
11. Winners, if minor, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian for collecting their prize(s). Both the winner and the parent/guardian must sign this agreement and show their respective identification, which includes a photograph
12. HTML holds no responsibility or liability in case HTML is unable to inform the winner of his/her win due to non availability / wrong number or any other reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, despite having made the best of the efforts. In such a case HTML shall not be liable to proof the efforts made in this regard.
13. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the event.
14. The prizes shall be non negotiable and non transferable. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
15. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
16. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the prize. Tax deductible at source under Income Tax Act is applicable for any prize exceeding the value of Rs. 10,000/- .The winner shall submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize.
17. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer. Participants shall indemnify HTML against, all liability, cost, loss or expense arising out of acceptance of any prize(s) or participation in any eventincluding, but not limited to, personal injury and damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise, whatsoever.
18. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
19. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the event.
20. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
21. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this event, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the event.
22. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the event is organized or discontinue or terminate the event at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
23. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the event and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the event, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
25. The event shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the event and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
26. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
27. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
28. Participation in the event implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.