The Onam season, considered one of the most prosperous times for the Malayalam film industry, is round the corner and there is a flurry of activity, as new films are being released to get the early advantage and Keerthi Chakra is the topper of the new crop.
The top five Malayalam films are:
1. Keerthi Chakra - This was one of the most anticipated films of the year. Directed by Major Ravi, the film stars Mohanlal in the main lead. With terrorism in Kashmir as its backdrop, Keerthi Chakra has got a good opening.
2. Aanachandam - This may turn to be a make-or-break film for both director Jayaraaj and actor Jayaram, who are going through a lean phase. This comic film targeting the family audience may turn out to be lucky for them.
3. Chess - Actor Dileep's revenge saga continues to hold audiences' interest.
4. Chako Randaman - This is a mass entertainer with Kalabhavan Mani in a triple role. The classes may chide him but Mani always does his thing and stays in the reckoning.
5. Rasathantram - This may be a rare film - released during Vishu and running through Onam. The credit goes to Mohanlal and Meera Jasmine's on screen chemistry.