One learns about many sectors because before you recommend an investment in a company, you must thoroughly understand the sector in which it operates.
* You get to interact with a range of energetic entrepreneurs.
* You get to travel a lot within and outside India to meet entrepreneurs and company officials.
* You must put in long hours, especially when you are working to close a deal. You might even have to work on Sundays.
* The field is very competitive, as all private equity are hunting for opportunities in India right now.
* Within a company, there is a lot of competition between teams looking into various sectors. Each one would like to get approval for its investment ideas. The hot sectors now include retail, infrastructure, manufacturing, telecom and media.
* The job can be stressful because a lot of money is involved.