The fire which broke out in Sankraman studio at Aarey Colony in suburban Goregaon has been extinguished, fire brigade officials said in Mumbai on Sunday.
"Eight fire engines and four water tankers were rushed to the spot soon after the fire was reported. The situation is under control now," officials said.
At around 1530 hours, the studio, that belonged to daily soaps producer Ekta Kapoor, caught fire due to a short circuit, officials said adding that a TV serial was being shot when the incident occurred.
"A fireman, who involved in the operation, has sustained minor injuries," the officials said.