Fire at GIP mall in Noida | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 05, 2016-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Fire at GIP mall in Noida

india Updated: Oct 12, 2012 22:31 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

A fire broke out at a restaurant in a crowded mall in Noida on Friday night sparking panic but no one was hurt.

Staff of the Great India Place mall managed to extinguish the fire, which started in the third floor restaurant near the AC duct due to short circuit, before fire tenders reached the Mall.

However, the dense smoke caused panic for some time.

Fire station officer S Yadav said, "We got a fire call at 8.40pm and three fire tenders were rushed there."

The fire started in the garbage pipe near the AC duct due to short circuit on the third floor, he said.