Fire breaks out in Ahmedabad mall | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
May 26, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Fire breaks out in Ahmedabad mall

A major mishap was avoided after fire broke out in the restaurant of a prominent mall located on the Drive-in road of the city today, fire officials said, adding that there were no casualties.

india Updated: Mar 09, 2010 20:53 IST

A major mishap was avoided after fire broke out in the restaurant of a prominent mall located on the Drive-in road of the city today, fire officials said, adding that there were no casualties.

Fire broke out in restaurant 'The Village' on the third floor of the Himalaya Mall in Ahmedabad causing panic among the people, they said.

According to officials, seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot which brought the fire under control within an hour.

Following the fire, the entire mall was evacuated to avoid any casualties, they said.

"The fire seems to have originated in the kitchen of the restaurant. It could be due to gas leakage or short-circuit. The matter is being investigated," chief fire officer Rajesh Bhatt said.