Goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed when a fire broke out in a warehouse in a busy market area in Uttar Pradesh's Shahjahanpur district on Monday, police said.
The fire broke out in the warehouse of Right Concept Marketing in Anta Bazar building. It soon spread to other commercial establishments.
No casualty or injury was reported in the incident, police inspector A.K. Verma told reporters in Shahjanpur, about 150 km from Lucknow.
"Six fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the fire. The firefighting officials have managed to control the fire," Verma said.
He said a security guard, who was present at the main gate of the building, called up the firefighting officials.
The exact amount of loss has not been ascertained yet but goods lying at the warehouse are gutted. The loss is worth several lakhs of rupees.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason behind the incident.
"In assistance with the officials of the fire department we are investigating the matter. Electric short-circuit could be a reason behind the incident," Verma said.