Following are five key facts about Heath Ledger, who won a posthumous best supporting actor Oscar on Sunday for his role as the Joker in Batman movie The Dark Knight.
- Heath Ledger was born in Perth, Australia on April 4, 1979 and died in New York on Jan 22, 2008 at age 28 of an accidental overdose of prescription painkillers, sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medication.
- Ledger is only the second actor to win an Oscar after death. The first was Peter Finch in 1976 for Network.
- Ledger's daughter Matilda, 3, with his former fiancee actress Michelle Williams, will become the owner of his Oscar when she turns 18, Oscar organizers have decided.
- Ledger was Oscar-nominated for playing a reluctant gay cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain" (2005). Other notable movies included A Knight's Tale, I'm Not There and The Patriot.
- The Dark Knight, with worldwide box office sales of more than $1 billion, was the biggest grossing movie of 2008.