Five of family die after eating wild mushroom | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 30, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Five of family die after eating wild mushroom

Five members of a family died after eating wild mushroom in Manipur's Ukhrul district bordering with Myanmar, official sources said on Monday.

india Updated: Oct 13, 2008 15:16 IST

Five members of a family died after eating wild mushroom in Manipur's Ukhrul district bordering with Myanmar, official sources said on Monday.

While two members of family Sayarla (28) and Mary (15) died at Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital in Imphal on Sunday, three others Ngallechung (45), Sosihan and Jaomichol died at Ukhrul district hospital on October 10, sources said.

Luita, the head of the family, was in a critical condition, sources said.

Inquiries revealed the mushroom was collected by Luita from jungle at Jingsui village under Kasom Khullen sub-division on October eight. All the family members were taken to Ukhurl district and capital hospital after they complained of head ache and started vomiting the next morning.

The five included his wife (Ngallechung), sons (Sosihan and Sayarla), daughter (Jaomichol) and grand daughter (Mary).

Is Your Couch Making You Cough?
Promotional Feature