The four people, arrested in connection with the major fire in Carlton Towers complex which claimed nine lives last Tuesday, were produced on Sunday before a local court which remanded them to one day judicial custody, police said.
"Owner Rafiqur Rehman, Carlton security in-charge Ramachandra Bhandari, electrical in-charge Kempegowda and building maintenance in-charge Chennaiah were produced before the 10th Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate court and remanded to judicial custody for a day," Assistant Commissioner of Police (Ulsoor) GB Manjunath, heading the enquiry into the incident, said.
The four, who were arrested yesterday, would be produced before the court again tomorrow and would be lodged in the Parappana Agrahara jail, he said.
Rehman had been booked under IPC sections 338 (Rash and Negligence Act causing grievous injury) and 304 (a) (causing death due to negligence), he said, adding that some more persons involved in the incident were absconding and efforts are on to nab them.
The fire in the Carlton Towers Building complex housing many software firms and a restaurant claimed nine lives and left over 50 injured on February 23.