Four die in Tamil Nadu as hut catches fire | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jul 26, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Four die in Tamil Nadu as hut catches fire

An elderly couple and their two small grandchildren were burnt to death when their thatched hut caught fire from a lighted mosquito repellent coil on Saturday night in the suburbs of the city, police said.

india Updated: Jan 25, 2009 13:29 IST

An elderly couple and their two small grandchildren were burnt to death when their thatched hut caught fire from a lighted mosquito repellent coil on Saturday night in the suburbs of the city, police said.

The incident occurred in a slum area in Madipakkam in the southern suburbs.

The dead are a 70-year-old man, his wife, 60, and two children - aged three and one-and-a-half, police said.