Four electrocuted in village near Chamba | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 10, 2016-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Four electrocuted in village near Chamba

india Updated: May 19, 2013 12:50 IST

IANS
Highlight Story

Four people were killed and five others critically injured after an electric current seeped into some houses in a Himachal Pradesh village, police said on Sunday.


Officials said that a technical snag in a transformer in Paleur village near Chamba town, some 345 km from here, led to electricity seeping into around 40 houses Saturday night, resulting in the tragic incident.

The injured have been admitted to a government hospital in Chamba. Eyewitnesses said the villagers were forced to spend the night outside their houses.