An inquiry has been set up after irregularities were reported in an open draw of lots for plots on June 8 by a senior Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) official. Around 37 plots had been allegedly included in the list without approval.
The matter was reported to the head office on complaints by another senior official three days after the draw. "These plots had not been approved by the chief administrator, DPS Nagal. How it happened is a matter of worry. It must be investigated," said a senior Huda official.
The matter is serious and considered as a gross violation of authority as per the Urban Development Act, said a HUDA official.
However, the officer concerned refuted the allegations.
Mukesh Solanki, in-charge of estate office-2, said, "Before drawing of plots, the estate office sends list of plots to the Huda office through senior town planning department officials. They see the files and approve them. This procedure has been followed up thoroughly by our office."
Solanki had drawn flak earlier too for allocating six confiscated plots without the required approval.