Gadaria DNA test leaves air on death | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Gadaria DNA test leaves air on death

india Updated: Aug 30, 2006 14:45 IST
Highlight Story

THE DNA test of blood samples collected from the spot of encounter with the Gadaria gang on August 5 in Shivpuri has turned out positive. However, it has still not conclusively proved that dacoit Dayaram Gadaria is dead. The police had shot and injured Dayaram was in an encounter and collected bloodstain samples from the spot.

That Gadaria is dead can be proved only when the DNA test of the skeleton found much later could also turn positive. According to the police, five samples, that of Kamlesh Gadaria (son of Dayaram), Gopal and Balkishan Gadaria (brothers) and Ramshree (sister) along with

the bloodstains collected from the spot of encounter were sent to DNA Fingerprinting Laboratory in Hyderabad. The encounter took place near Majhera mines in Shivpuri.

Earlier, the ballistic examination report, forensic examination report and medico-legal examination etc all had tested positive.

Dayaram carried a reward of Rs 5 lakh on his head. He was shot dead in a joint operation by Gwalior and Shivpuri district police.

However, since the body could not be found, speculation continued for about two weeks till a skeleton was recovered on August 16 at some distance from the spot of encounter.

Police had collected blood samples of Kamlesh — locked in Shivpuri jail — and Gopal, Balkishan and Ramshree, all three locked in Gwalior jail. .

Dayaram, son of Kunjlal Gadaria, was a resident of village Harsi under Belgadha police station of district Gwalior. He married a woman of Bagvai village, who committed suicide. Of his three sons, one is lodged in Shivpuri jail while two are still at large. Initially, Dayaram joined dacoit Raghuvar Gadaria gang in 1997 after killing Bhagwan Lal Baghele of Harsi village.

Following the death of Raghuvar in police encounter in 1999, Dayaram became leader of the gang comprising mostly relatives and cousins.

He was arrested on April 15, 2000, and escaped police captivity on March 23, 2001, while on way to Gwalior jail after attending hearing at Dabra sub-division court. Since then Dayaram had unleashed a reign of terror. His heinous acts included massacre of villagers in Karsean and Bhanwarpura. Inspector General of  Police (Gwalior) Sarabjit Singh, SP Sanjeev Shami and Shivpuri SP Sajid Farid Shapoo said the DNA samples tested positive.

The report has confirmed that samples of blood collected and tested matched with that of DNA profiling of his son and relatives.