Opt for compact and space-saving appliances, such as built-in refrigerator, oven and appliances that can be hung underneath cabinets, like microwaves.
1. Appliances management: Opt for compact and space-saving appliances, such as built-in refrigerator, oven and appliances that can be hung underneath cabinets, like microwaves.
2. Storage cabinets: Choose cabinets with maximum storage capacity and drawer units, rather than shelf unit, as drawers have better storage capacity. Use efficient corner solution, such as revolving carousels and shutter units to keep the small appliances within the unit, like mixer, toaster and electric kettle.
3. Worktops: For your work area, consider a small-scale island or counter-topped cart that can be rolled away when not in use.
4. Colour combination: If your kitchen size is small, choose some light colour schemes with the combination of glass as it will make your kitchen look more spacious.
5. Wet area: A big-sized deep sink in a small kitchen would not be a practical solution as it would occupy more space in the working counter. A dishwasher near the sink is a nice idea as you can use that for both washing and storing the utensils.
HTC with inputs by Anurag Saxena, Hacker Kitchens