Pakistan has indicated that it was open to postponement of the Foreign Secretary-level talks, tentatively scheduled on July 20, in view of the "monstrous tragedy" in Mumbai.
"If India feels that these talks should be postponed to a later date, we can go along with that," Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokesperson Tasneem Aslam said.
She said that Islamabad's willingness to agree to rescheduling of the talks was not because the blasts have been allegedly linked to Pakistan but because of the "domestic" problem in India.
"We understand the big tragedy. We will wait for India's convenience," Aslam said.
She, however, said that there had been no official word from India seeking deferment of the talks.
On Pakistan's hand being suspected in Tuesday's serial blasts, she said that if New Delhi had any "so-called evidence" then it should share it with Islamabad.
Aslam said that President Pervez Musharraf had himself given assurances about not allowing Pakistani soil for terror acts against India and said that Islamabad was committed to them.
She also denied that Pakistan Foreign Minister Khurshid Mehmood Kasuri had sought to link the Mumbai blasts to Kashmir issue.