Govt orders probe into ’assault’ of mediapersons | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 20, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Govt orders probe into ’assault’ of mediapersons

india Updated: Jun 13, 2009 21:22 IST
PTI
Highlight Story

Kerala Government on Saturday ordered a detailed inquiry into the alleged assault of two cameramen of a local news channel by two Sports Authority of India (SAI) coaches when they were trying to shoot a training progamme at a basket ball camp of the National Games in Thrissur.

A detailed inqiury had been ordered into the alleged attack, which took place on Friday at the camp, Kerala Revenue Minister, KP Rajendran, told reporters on Saturday.

In Thiruvananthapuram, Law and Sports Minister M Vijayakumar said National Games Secretariat Secretary MS Jaya had been entrusted with the probe.

He had asked the official to file the probe report within a week, an official release said.

It was alleged that SAI coaches - Joseph and Rajan Jose had assaulted the cameramen and damaged the camera despitep prior permission had been taken to shoot the training.

The injured camermen had been admitted to the District hospital here, police said.

Meanwhile, Thrissur District Sports Council President, Igny Mathew demanded appropriate action against the coaches for assaulting the cameramen without any provocation.

He said when he tried to dissaude the two from assaulting the cameramen, he was also assaulted and threatened. He urged the SAI officials to take stern action against them.

<