Govt slams Huda zonal officers for delaying land files | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 25, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Govt slams Huda zonal officers for delaying land files

india Updated: Jul 08, 2011 22:31 IST
Hitender Rao
Hitender Rao
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Director-general of the Haryana town and country planning (TCP) department TC Gupta has slammed zonal administrators of the Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) for keeping files related to release of acquired land inordinately pending.

“The government will not hesitate in taking action against the administrators in the event of non-reply of these references,” said a communication sent by Gupta to Huda administrators of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Panchkula, Hisar and Rohtak, last week.

It said the time limit for the disposal of such cases was one month. But it has been noticed that the administrators keep the references pending and do not respond on time despite the chief minister’s directions.

For cases pertaining to the release of the acquired land, the urban estates department, which carries out land acquisition for Huda, has to seek approval from the authority.

Huda gives its nod for releasing an acquired land after it is satisfied that the release will not affect its planning adversely.

Gupta has also asked all the zonal administrators to send replies to the references pending by July 15 or appear before the financial commissioner and principal secretary, town and country planning, SS Dhillon, on July 18.

“It is important that instead of relying on the reports of the district town planner and land acquisition officer, the Huda administrators personally make a site inspection to ascertain the actual position,” Gupta wrote.

A Huda official said as the district town planner and the land acquisition officer report to director-general of TCP, Huda has no control over them.

As per the state land acquisition policy, requests for the release of the land are considered, if objections are raised to protect an existing structure, which is being used by the landowner for residential purposes. The government can also consider the release of the land belonging to individual applicants, involving self-inhabited structure, commercial establishment or community or religious buildings and cases in which the owner has obtained stay dispossession/ status-quo from the high court.