Govt to review decisions taken by ex-DRDO chief

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
  • Updated: Feb 07, 2015 02:27 IST

The defence ministry is likely to review the decisions taken by former Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief Avinash Chander towards the fag-end of his term that ended on January 31, it is learnt.

The move comes amid allegations of victimisation by senior missile scientist RK Gupta who was relieved of his charge as project director of the nuclear-capable Agni-V missile on February 2 — two days after the missile’s first successful canister launch.

Chander signed the order on January 9, five days before the government cut short his tenure as it wanted someone younger to man the key post. While Gupta alleged he had been victimised by Chander, DRDO officials said it was a routine transfer.

Official sources said the ministry has decided to put Gupta’s transfer on hold for now.

The government had approved the termination of Chander’s contract with effect from January 31 — 16 months before it was to end.

also read

Prison official denies jailed beedi tycoon made calls with mobile phone
Show comments