Greed made her kill hubby, mom-in-law | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 09, 2016-Friday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Greed made her kill hubby, mom-in-law

india Updated: Oct 26, 2012 00:01 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

The Faridabad Police would have treated the death of one Angoori Devi (in her 60s) as any normal accident case had it not been for the mystery surrounding the death of her son within a month of her ‘accidental’ death.

Arvind Kumar (35), a hawaldar in the Indian army’s Sikh regiment posted in Nagaland, rushed home when he got to know that his mother died in an accident on September 13. Soon after, he was found dead in Faridabad on October 10.

His mother-in-law and wife lived in their Sanjay Colony house in Ballabgarh.

On Wednesday, the crime investigation agency (CIA) wing of Faridabad police arrested Kumar’s wife Vijay Sharma (30), her paramour Manish alias Akki and two accomplices for the murders.

Police said Kumar’s wife, who is a teacher at a private school and also works as an insurance agent with an insurance company, had masterminded the murders to get insurance money worth R75 lakh.

The accused woman had insured her mother-in-law for R50 lakh and her husband for R25 lakh and had named herself as the nominee in both the cases. She had planned to marry her paramour Manish after the murders.

Police said she had hatched the plan with her lover and had strangled Angoori Devi on September 13 with his help and then pushed her down the stairs to make it look like an accident. Her husband was murdered by her lover and his accomplices.

She had told her husband to go with her lover, whom the victim did not know, for some insurance work in Faridabad. There, he was beaten to death by the accused and his body was later thrown in Sector 25 area.

Ranbir Singh, CIA Sector 30 incharge, said, “She confessed to having got both her mother-in-law and husband killed to claim the insurance money and get married to her paramour.”

All the four accused were produced before the court on Thursday which remanded them in two day’s police custody.