HC postpones hearing on 90:10 admission formula petitions | india | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 06, 2016-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

HC postpones hearing on 90:10 admission formula petitions

india Updated: Jun 24, 2009 14:46 IST

PTI
Highlight Story

Directing junior colleges in the state not to finalise admission to standard XI till June 30, the Bombay High Court today postponed till June 29 hearing on a bunch of petitions challenging 90:10 formula for the process.

The Court also directed the State Government to make the records pertaining to government's decision to bring in the 90:10 formula available to petitioners' lawyers for inspection.

Meanwhile, the result for state run SSC board's Class 10th examination will be announced tomorrow.

Stating that the admission forms could be accepted from tomorrow, the Court, however, made it clear that the admissions would be finalised only after June 29 when it will pronounce the final judgement on the petitions.

Maharashtra Government has worked out the 90:10 formula to normalise the marks difference between SSC and non-SSC board students.

As per the decision, 90 per cent of seats for admission to standard XI would be reserved for SSC board students and the remaining 10 per cent for non-SSC students.

However, seven petitions have been filed challenging the formula on the ground that it discriminates against the non-SSC board students.