HINDUSTAN TIMES A BILLION DREAMS CONTEST
HINDUSTAN TIMES A BILLION DREAMS CONTESTindia Updated: Feb 15, 2011 11:00 IST
VIT UNIVERSITY PRESENTS HINDUSTAN TIMES A BILLION DREAMS CONTEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/CONTESTANTS OF VIT UNIVERSITY PRESENTS HINDUSTAN TIMES A BILLION DREAMS CONTEST” (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS HTML). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. The contest shall start on 16th Feb, 2011 and the first round of the match will be valid up to 1200 hrs on 18th Feb, 2011. Messages sent between 1st Feb, 2011 and 18th Feb, 2011 at 1200 hrs will be considered for the first match of India on 19th Feb, 2011. Messages sent after 1200 hrs on 18th Feb, 2011 will be considered for the 2nd India match on 27th Feb, the cut-off time for which will be 26th Feb, 2011 at 1200 hrs, and so on for each India match. See the complete list of messaging window timeline below. This contest is exclusively for HT readers in Delhi + NCR, Mumbai and Chandigarh.
2. To play the contest, readers will have to register themselves by sending SMS “INDIAto 54242 from their mobile. HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. Alternatively, the readers can log on to www.hindustantimes.com/WorldCupContest and submit their entries there, after registering for the contest.
3. All winning entries will go simultaneously on the Website (World Cup special page on -
, HT Facebook and Twitter Pages for all readers to see. HTML shall then select the best message from the database received as to who all shall be eligible for the following gratification. Such selection would be on sole discretion of HTML:
1 Best message sent across the messaging window for each match to qualify for the Grand Prize for each match, which is an Apple iPad.
10 Best messages sent across the messaging window for each match
to receive attractive prizes like Ipods, Mobile Phones, etc. as decided by HTML
-- To be quoted in HT’s World Cup coverage section – across the full HT Delhi print run covering Delhi + NCR, plus Mumbai and Chandigarh
The best 2 messages sent across the duration of ICC World Cup 2011 to support / cheer for Team India will qualify for the Overall Grand Prize – One Maruti A-Star LXI each.
4. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
5. The winners of each India match / round of the contest would be selected through our expert panel (the decision of whom shall be final), and shall be announced on each day of the match being played by India
6. The winner of the Grand Prize would be selected through our expert panel of HTML (the decision of whom shall be final)and shall be announced on 2nd April, 2011 or any date as intimated by HTML
7. The winners can collect the other prizes from the HT Offices in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chandigarh – as the case may be
8. HTML shall not be liable for system/server failures. Neither can HTML be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the contest.
9. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this contest.
10. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
11. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. The winners may be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
12. HTML holds no responsibility or liability in case HTML is unable to inform the winner of his/her win due to non availability / wrong number or any other reason within a period of 30 days from holding of the event, despite having made the best of the efforts. In such a case HTML shall not be liable to proof the efforts made in this regard.
13. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
14. The prizes shall be non negotiable and non transferable. In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, HTML reserves the sole right to offer an alternative prize of the same value.
15. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
16. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the prize.
17. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
18. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
19. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
20. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
21. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
22. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
23. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
24. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
25. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the Contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
26. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
27. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
28. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.
29. Participants/contestants understand and agree that the prizes to be won are third party products and are not manufactured or are a product of HTML. Thus any repair, damaged condition is not a responsibility of HTML and the winners/ participants/contestants shall directly approach the product’s company authorized service center for any such complaint.
1. Match on 19th Feb, 2011: Window open from 1st Feb, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 18th Feb, 2011
2. Match on 27th Feb, 2011: Window open from 1201 hrs, 18th Feb, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 26th Feb, 2011
3. Match on 6th Mar, 2011: Window open from 1201 hrs, 26th Feb, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 5th Mar, 2011
4. Match on 9th Mar, 2011: Window open from 1201 hrs, 5th Mar, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 8th Mar, 2011
5. Match on 12th Mar, 2011: Window open from 1201 hrs, 8th Mar, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 11th Mar, 2011
6. Match on 20th Mar, 2011: Window open from 1201 hrs, 11th Mar, 2011 to 1200 hrs, 20th Mar, 2011