A witness injured in a hit-and-run case allegedly involving actor Salman Khan on Thursday told a court in Mumbai that the actor was driving the vehicle that mowed down people sleeping outside a bakery in 2002, leaving one dead.
Kalim Mohammed Iqbal, one of the four persons injured in the incident, told the court that he had seen Salman climb out of the vehicle and leave the spot after the accident.
The prosecution completed its examination of Iqbal, which began on Wednesday, and the defence will conduct its cross- examination on January 17.
On December 20 last year, one of the injured, Mohammed Muslim Niyat Shaikh, was declared hostile by the prosecution after he said he had not given a statement to police in which he had alleged that Salman was behind the wheel of the vehicle that ran over him.
Another witness who was injured, Mohammed Abdul Kaufshaikh, had told the court on June 30 last year that he had not seen Salman getting out of the vehicle that struck him since he was underneath the car.
Salman is accused of driving a vehicle in an inebriated condition on September 28, 2002, when he lost control and struck five persons sleeping outside a bakery in suburban Bandra.