How to throw a low-budget party
The economic meltdown has been a spoiler for everyone, including the party animals. Take some tips to pump up your spirits and let loose. For instance, throw a bash at your place...india Updated: Apr 29, 2009 18:47 IST
The economic meltdown has been a spoiler for everyone, including the party animals. Take these tips to pump up your spirits and let loose...
* Throw a bash at your place instead of going in for an expensive venue.
* Think of unique ideas to decorate your place with things you have at home already — colourful dupattas or streamers left over from your last birthday.
* If you do decide to go in for trendy decoration, wholesale markets are the best place to get such stuff. You can also find paper plates and cups at nominal rates here.
* Instead of going in for catering, host a self-service style party... your friends will hardly mind it.
* Have a potluck party where every guest has to bring a dish each... you’ll save up on food cost and end up having much more variety.
* Go in for inexpensive, easy-to-make snacks — we recommend chips with dip, chaat, and of course those salty biscuits with all sorts of toppings.
* If you’re a music buff, play the DJ yourself instead of hiring one… if you’re not, ask a friend to jazz up the party with his/her elaborate music collection.
* If any of your friends has something to celebrate too, make it a joint party and spend just half of what you would have otherwise.
* If any of your high-flying friends is coming from abroad, ask them to pick some duty-free booze for you from the airport.