1. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTMSL & the Participant and apply to "HT Bollywood song Baadshah contest" a Contest organized by HT Mobile Solutions. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTMSL & the Participant.
2. Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary. No entry fee is payable for participation in the Contest except prevailing SMS rates.
3. Employees of HT Mobile Solutions Ltd. [HTMSL], sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
4. Participants/Readers can participate through SMS by at 54242. No other means of participation will be accepted for the contest.
5. HTMSL shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays of any backend technology and the resultant inability of a reader to send in his entry or register/participate in the contest.
6. Only those entries which are received by HTMSL shall be considered for the registration/contest participation and HTMSL shall not be responsible for non-receipt of any entry. HTMSL does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries.
7. The participant must use the mobile number to participate for which valid ownership proof can be provided. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTMSL that winning entry was sent by them by producing appropriate verification of their mobile number to HTMSL's satisfaction & photo ID.
8. Decision of HTMSL with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
9. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash or for other prizes at any stage of the Contest.
10. Participant must be at least 18 years or more of age on the date of entering / participating in the contest. Date of Birth proof to HTMSL's satisfaction is mandatory to claim the prize, in case of winning the contest.
11. The winners shall be required to produce photo identity proof, proof of ownership of mobile phone number or landline number (from which the entry are sent) at the time of receiving the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified.
12. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
13. All entries will be treated as the property of HTMSL and can be used by HTMSL for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favor of HTMSL by participating in the contest.
14. Participants/winners may be required by HTMSL to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTMSL has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
15. HTMSL in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTMSL may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
16. Only the winners shall be informed by HTMSL in such manner as may be decided by HTMSL from time to time.
17. The winners of the prizes shall be required to come to the offices of HTMSL at Hindustan Times House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001 or such other place as HTMSL may notify, to collect their prizes on presentation of photo ID Card/address proof/age proof/mobile ownership proof. All costs and expenses for collection of prizes shall be borne by winners. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
18. HTMSL does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete contest entry.
19. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
20. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize money (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize money. HTMSL will be deducting taxes at source on the prize money, therefore, the person claiming the prize money/winning amount must furnish his PAN number while claiming the prize money/winning amount and in absence of PAN number, HTMSL will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner.
21. HTMSL reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
22. HTMSL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
23. The prize(s) shall not be transferable and no such request shall be entertained by HTMSL.
24. If applicable/required, winner(s) shall be liable to bear an amount equivalent to Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) as may be applicable from time to time. In order to claim the prize winner(s) shall submit an original copy of challan duly stamped by the bank evidencing the deposit of TDS within 7 days from the date of declaration of winner(s), failing which HTMSL shall have a right to deal with the prize(s) in the manner in which it deems fit without any further claim of such winner(s). No correspondence of whatsoever nature shall be entertained after expiry of such 7 days time limit.
25. The prize(s) shall not be transferable and no such request shall be entertained by HTMSL.
26. Prize must be claimed in person on production of any document evidencing the use/ownership of the mobile number used to register/participate and Government of India issued proof of identification, including proof of age/address and the same cannot be claimed through any other mode.
27. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTMSL is unable to reach/contact the winner at his mobile number from which entries were sent for the contest HTMSL shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
28. HTMSL shall not be responsible for any defects/inadequacy/deficiency in the prizes HT Mobile Solutions Ltd. It would not be liable to replace/exchange the prizes at any stage of the offer.
29. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTMSL reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of New Delhi Courts only.
31. HTMSL in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
32. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.