THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/ OF “HT CITY CRYSTALS” (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CAMPAIGN”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LTD (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “HTML”). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. Period of the voting: Start date 3rd September, 2011 to 5th October, 2011 only to the readers of Hindustan Times. Contest hours would be from 6:00 AM - AM till 11:59PM.
2. The voting is open for residents of Delhi/NCR only, who have completed 18 years or more as on the date of entering/participating in the contest.
3. Users can vote in this contest by messaging VOTE <Restaurant Code> to 54242 from their mobile. (Restaurant codes given in ads) OR by logging in to www.hindustantimes.com/crystals
4. Voters can only vote for one restaurant in each category. The first vote in each category will counted ( online and SMS )
5. Standard contest call and SMS rates applicable (if reqd)
6. HTML will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of any applications and resultant inability of a user for participation.
7. The restaurant with the maximum number of votes (SMS and online) in that category will win the HT City Crystals award 2011. There are 11 such categories.
8. The voter – SMS and Online is not entitled to any gifts/ monetary reward/ recognition.
9. In case of any dispute or difference in respect of the prize/ selection of winners, the decision of HTML shall be final and binding on all concerned.
10. All decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winners shall be final and binding
11. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
12. The contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi.
13. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
14. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any previous notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the contest.
15. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the campaign and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent as permitted by law
16. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the campaign