HT City Delhi Shopping Carnival 2010
Terms & Conditions for Raffle Coupon Lucky Draw
Welcome to HT City Delhi Shopping Carnival Raffle Coupon Lucky Draw ("Contest") organized by HT MEDIA LTD ("HTML"). You must go through the following Terms and Conditions, which apply, to the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions or any subsequent future amendments. HTML reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or revise these terms and conditions at any point of time, without prior notice and you agree to be bound by such amendments or revisions.
1. The contest will run start from the 1st February, 2010 and run till 28th February, 2010
2. Employees of HTML, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3. To participate in the lucky draw the customer shall message the DSC coupon code printed on the raffle coupon to 54242. Premium SMS charges will be applicable and may differ for different subscribers/ service providers.
4. HTML is not liable if the message does not reach the 54242 interfaces at the time the message was sent. Only those entries, which are received by HTML, shall be considered for the contest and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. Moreover, HTML does not accept any liability for incorrect or incomplete entries. Proof of dispatch shall not be accepted as a proof of delivery.
5. The winner is chosen by a randomizer and only the winners would be informed.
6. Prize/ winning amount must be collected in person from the office of HTML or from such other place as instructed by HTML within 15 days of intimation, failing which HTML reserves the right to deal with the prizes in such manner as it may deem fit. In order to claim the prize/ winning amount, a person must produce his Government of India issued proof of identification or credit card/ College/ Institute/ School issued proof of identity alongwith proof of ownership of winning cell phone number. HTML will not notify winners of the time remaining. On request of the Winner, HTML may opt to post a prize /wining amount to the winner, in such case HTML shall have no responsibility for the safe and effective postal delivery of the prize /wining amount.
7. If the Winner is a minor, then he/she must be accompanied by a parent/guardian for collecting the Prize /wining amount. Both the winner and the parent/guardian must sign this agreement and show their respective identification, which include a photograph.
8. Decision of HTML with respect to the winner shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
9. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/mobile number proof as and when required by HTML. The winners will be required to sign the Terms and Conditions herein before accepting the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned contestant shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
10. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business. Only the winners will be informed by HTML and the details shall be told via telephone number or e-mail provided at the time of participation/ registration in the contest. Return of any calls or e-mails as unreachable or failure by the winner/participant shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
11. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
12. Any levies, duties and taxes, wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer.
13. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
14. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
15. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
16. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
17. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
18. HTML will be deducting Taxes at source on the Prize amount, therefore, the person claiming the Prize /wining amount must furnish his PAN number while claiming the Prize /wining amount and in absence of PAN number, HTML will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize money (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize money.
19. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
21. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the Contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi and the proceedings of such arbitration shall be in English Language only.
22. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
23. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
24. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.