HT MINI Contest T&C
THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “GENERAL RULES”) ARE APPLICABLE TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS/ OF THE HT MINI WIN ON THE MOVE CONTEST “(HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “CONTEST”) PROMOTED / ORGANIZED BY M/S HT MEDIA LIMITED (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS “HTML”). THE RULES CAN BE AMENDED OR VARIED FROM TIME TO TIME BY HTML.
1. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTML & the Participant and apply to HT MINI. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant and amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
2. Period of the Contest: Start Date 20th November 2012-19th November, 2013
3. The Contest is open for all readers of HT MINI.
4. Participants can participate in this Contest by messaging their answers from their mobile by messaging “MINI <space> <your answer>” to 5424211. HTML will not be responsible in any way for failure of any backend technology of any applications and resultant inability of a Participant for participation.
5. Standard contest call and SMS rates applicable (if reqd).
6. HTML shall have its sole discretion in selecting the winners of the Contest. The winners shall be entitled prizes which shall be mobile phones/T-shirts/pen drives as per the sole discretion of HTML.
7. The winning entries will be chosen by HTML editorial team without any biased intentions.
8. The winning entries will be contacted individually.
9. All decisions by HTML regarding the selection of the winning entries and the gifts shall be final and binding.
10. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the participants while participating in the Contest.
11. Failure by HTML to enforce any of these Rules in any instance(s) shall not give rise to any claim by any person.
12. The Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India. Any disputes, differences and, or, any other matters in relation to and arising out of the contest and, or, pertaining to the rules and regulations and, or, the Terms and Conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. The arbitral tribunal shall consist of a sole arbitrator to be appointed by HTML. The venue of arbitration shall be Delhi.
13. All disputes shall be subject exclusively to Delhi jurisdiction only.
14. HTML, in its absolute discretion reserves the right at anytime, without giving any prior notice to the participants, to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these terms & conditions, wholly or in part, or to withdraw the Contest.
15. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant to the fullest extent as permitted by law.
16. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML only and can be used by HTML (or any third party authorized by HTML in this regard) for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the Contest.
17. Winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
18. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this Contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the Contest.
19. HTML, its vendor and/or its subsidiaries shall not be liable to any person or entity for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages, including loss of profits, incurred by the winner or any third party, whether in connection with this Contest, or for breach of any warranty or in tort.
20. HTML, its vendors and its subsidiaries shall not be responsible for any claim/s arising out of any technical failure/s either before, during, or after the completion of the Contest including but not limited to any technical failures in the telephone lines, failure of servers or any mistakes arising out of technical snags. Further, HTML shall not be responsible for any claims arising out of any failure(s) which are beyond the control of HTML or its vendors.
21. This Contest is subject to force majeure circumstances i.e. act of God or any circumstance beyond the control of HTML.
22. The Contest is valid subject to the winner complying with all terms, conditions and/or formalities as required by HTML. Any failure on the part of the Participant to comply with the any specified term, condition and/or formality shall render the Participant liable for disqualification at the sole discretion of HTML.
23. Participation in the Contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions associated with the Contest.
24. This Contest is subject to guidelines/ directions issued by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India or any other statutory authority from time to time.