HT Reader Promo("Contest")
28 December, 2009
29 December, 2009
30 December, 2009
31 December, 2009
1 January, 2010
4 January, 2010
5 January, 2010
6 January, 2010
7 January, 2010
8 January, 2010
11 January, 2010
12 January, 2010
13 January, 2010
14 January, 2010
15 January, 2010
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to HT Reader Promo ("contest") organized by HT Media Ltd ("HTML "). You must go through the following Terms and Conditions, which apply, to HT Reader Promo -. By participating in the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions or any subsequent future amendments. HTML reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or revise these terms and conditions at any point of time, without prior notice and you agree to be bound by such amendments or revisions.
1. The contest shall run from Dec 28, 2009 to Jan 15, 2010 between Monday & Friday (15 weekdays, No Contest on Saturday & Sunday).
2. Contest will be open between 4:00 am and 11:59 pm everyday.
3. Everyday a question shall appear in HINDUSTAN TIMES Delhi (Metro)
4. Every question will have multiple correct answers. Participant will have to SMS back as many correct answers as they can think of. To participate, listeners will have to SMS HTWIN<SPACE><Answer1,Answer2,Answer3….> to 54242. Premium SMS charges will be applicable and may differ for different subscribers/ service providers. please suggest the format for sending the SMS
5. They can send more than one correct answers separated by comma in a single SMS. They can send more than one SMS in a day. However only unique correct entries sent in subsequent SMS will be considered valid i.e. answers which have already been sent by the participant in a SMS earlier in the day will not be considered valid.
6. Participant will earn points for every unique correct answer he sends. Every subsequent unique correct answer gets him higher incremental points. Ex. 100 points for first correct answer, 200 points for second one, 300 for the third and so on. If the participant has sent 4 unique correct answers he earns 1000 points (100+200+300+400=1000).
7. Participant can also earn points by referring a friend or a colleague to the contest. Every number referred by him which starts participating in the contest (and is not already playing the contest) earns 200 points to the person who has referred it. Points so earned will get added to the Daily Point Total of the participant on the day on which the referred number participates.
8. Daily Point Total = Sum of points earned by a mobile number (participant) for every unique correct answer across different SMS sent by him on that day.
9. Weekly Point Total = Sum of Daily Point Total of a mobile number (participant) from Monday to Friday of that week.
10. Contest Total Point = Sum of all the four Weekly Point Total of a mobile number (participant).
11. Daily Prizes – There are three levels of Daily Prizes. Winners for each of these levels will be selected in the following manner
a. Level 1 – 5 winners will be randomly selected everyday from the list of Top 100 Point holders for the day. Top 100 Point Holders will be the first 100 mobile numbers (decided on the basis of the time of the last entry received from that number for the day) to have scored highest Daily Point Total.
b. Level 2 – 10 winners will be randomly selected everyday from the list of Top 500 Point holders for the day. Top 500 Point Holders will be the first 500 mobile numbers (decided on the basis of the time of the last entry received from that number for the day) other than the ones selected for the Level 1 of Daily Prizes to have scored highest Daily Point Total.
c. Level 3 – 50 winners will be randomly selected everyday from the list of Point holders for the day other than the ones selected for the Level 1 & 2 of Daily Prizes
12. Weekly Prizes - There are four levels of Weekly Prizes. Winners for each of these levels will be selected in the following manner
d. Level 1 – 1 winner will be randomly selected every week from the list of Top 100 Point holders for the Week. Top 100 Point Holders will be the first 100 mobile numbers (decided on the basis of the time of the last entry received from that mobile number for the week) to have scored highest Weekly Point Total.
e. Level 2 – 3 winners will be randomly selected every week from the list of Top 500 Point holders for the Week. Top 500 Point Holders will be the first 500 mobile numbers (decided on the basis of the time of the last entry received from that mobile number for the week) other than the ones selected for the Level 1 of Weekly Prizes to have scored highest Weekly Point Total.
f. Level 3 – 5 winners will be randomly selected every week from the list of Top 1000 Point Holders for the week. Top 1000 point holders will be the first 1000 mobile numbers (decided on the basis of the time of the last entry received from that mobile number for the week) other than the ones selected for the Level 1 and 2 of Weekly prizes to have scored highest Weekly Point Total.
g. Level 4 – 10 winners will be randomly selected every week from the list of Point Holders for the week other than the ones selected for the Level 1, 2 & 3 of Weekly prizes.
13. Assured Prizes – First 1 Lac unique mobile number (participant) who sends at least one correct entry gets an assured Prize.
General Terms & Conditions
14. These Terms & Conditions are the complete and exclusive statements of the understanding between HTML & the Participant and apply to “HT Reader Promo”, a contest organized by HT Media Ltd. It supersedes all the understanding or other prior understanding, whether oral & written, and all representation or other communications between the HTML & the Participant. Participation in the contest amounts to acceptance of these terms & conditions.
15. In case a winner is not able to avail the prize for any reason whatsoever, the prize will not be replaced/transferred to any other person or compensated with cash. Such prizes will be forfeited and may be used as deemed fit by HTML.
16. Participation is restricted to residents of Delhi and NCR (Gurgaon, Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad). Participation in the Contest is purely voluntary. No entry fee is payable for participation in the Contest except prevailing SMS rates as per the respective telecom operator’s premium charges, as applicable on SMS.
17. Employees of HT Media Ltd. [HTML], sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
18. During the Contest period, copies of Hindustan Times [Delhi Edition] shall also be made available free of cost at all HTML offices in Delhi & Mumbai on first-come-first-serve basis till the stock lasts.
19. Only those entries, which are received by HTML between 4:00 am and 11:59 pm everyday will be considered valid. HTML shall not be responsible in any way for failure/delays of any backend technology and the resultant inability of a reader to send in his entry or register/participate in the contest. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete entries. Only those participants who SMS the correct entry (as determined by HTML) shall be eligible to participate in the contest.
20. The participant must use the mobile number for sending contest entries for which valid ownership proof can be provided. At the time of collecting prize, winners shall be required to satisfy HTML that winning entry was sent by them by producing appropriate verification of their mobile number to HTML’s satisfaction & photo ID. The winners shall be required to produce photo identity proof, proof of ownership of mobile phone number (from which the entry are sent) at the time of receiving the prize. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified. In case of the mobile numbers, which gets selected for the HT Reader Promo Prize, only the person in whose name the mobile number is registered is eligible to get the Prize.
21. Decision of HTML with respect to selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners.
22. Prizes shall not be substituted for cash or for other prizes at any stage of the contest.
23. HTML shall not be responsible for the redemption of discount vouchers or any issue associated therewith.
24. Only one Daily Prize will be awarded per mobile number in a day selected in the manner explained in clause 11. A number once selected at any level of Daily Prizes will not be considered for prize selection for the next prize level on that day. Same number will however be eligible for participating in the contest next day and will also be eligible for weekly prizes
25. Only one Weekly Prize will be awarded per mobile number in a week selected in the manner explained in clause 12. A number once selected at any level of Weekly Prizes will not be considered for prize selection for the next weekly prize level in that week. Same number will however be eligible for participating in the contest next week
26. Only one HTml Assured Prize will be awarded per mobile number selected in the manner explained in clause 13, irrespective of the number of times of participation in a day or throughout the contest period. However such number will be eligible for Daily/weekly Prizes
27. Brands shown as Prizes are only indicative of the prize type, brand, color or model specification and are subject to change.
28. Participant must be at least 18 years or more of age on the date of entering / participating in the contest. Date of Birth proof to HTML’s satisfaction is mandatory to claim the prize, in case of winning the contest. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML in such manner as may be decided by HTML from time to time.
29. HTML will inform every winner twice. In case the winner doesn’t respond even after the second reminder or in the event of any winner choosing not to accept a prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize or if HTML is unable to reach/contact the winner at his mobile number from which entries were sent for the contest HTML shall have the absolute discretion to deal with such prize as it deems fit.
30. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control.
31. Participant/Winner understands and agree that no cost, claims, liability of whatsoever nature arising in relation to any unfortunate event/mis-happening during the travel and/or in the during the trip to London against HTML, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees or agents from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from acceptance.
32. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favor of HTML by participating in the contest.
33. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant’s/winner’s name, particulars, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest. HTML may also require participants/winners to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
34. The winners of the prizes in Delhi shall be required to come to the offices of HTML at HT House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110001 to collect their prizes on presentation of photo ID Card/address proof/age proof/mobile ownership proof. All costs and expenses for collection of prizes shall be borne by winners.
35. This prize/offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer nor the prize(s) are transferable and no such request shall be entertained by HTML. .
36. Any levies, duties, incidental charges and taxes wherever applicable, shall be borne by the person availing the offer/prize. The winner may submit the proof of depositing the tax due on the prize money (i.e. challan of depositing the tax) at the time of claiming the prize money. Alternatively, HTML will be deducting taxes at source on the prize money, therefore, the person claiming the prize money/winning amount must furnish his PAN number while claiming the prize money/winning amount and in absence of PAN number, HTML will not issue any TDS certificate to the winner.
37. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice and without assigning any reason whatsoever.
38. Prize must be claimed in person on production of any document evidencing the use/ownership of the mobile number used to register/participate and Government of India issued proof of identification, including proof of age/address and the same cannot be claimed through any other mode.
39. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions
40. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the activity is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Participant/Winner to the fullest extent permitted by law.
41. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
42. Distributor is defined as a trade partner, who buys publications from the Principal Agents of HT Media Ltd ,and delivers this directly or through a team of hawkers to the Reader at the doorstep. This does not include agents who are a intermediary between HT Media Ltd and the distributor, nor does this include the hawker appointed by the distributor for the delivery of the newspaper. And for the purpose of this Contest and the Prize, all the above terms and conditions shall also apply to the winning distributor.
43. Assured Prize is a Discount Voucher from Homeshop18. The voucher will be applicable on any purchase on the website with a minimum price of Rs 3000. The consumer can also combine different products - the cart value has to be Rs 3000. He would not be able to club this offer with any other offer.